Our 2016 Annual Report has been emailed out to all members. If you are a Mustard Seed member and did not receive a copy for some reason, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name & member number and we will email you a copy.
The Mustard Seed Annual General Meeting will take place on Thursday the 23rd of February at 7pm at Erskine Presbyterian Church, 19 Pearl Street, Hamilton. Please plan to come! We want your insights into how The Mustard Seed can meet your needs and have the positive impacts we all want for our health, economy, environment, and community.
The Mustard Seed Annual General Meeting will take place on Thursday the 23rd of February at 7pm at Erskine Presbyterian Church, 19 Pearl Street, Hamilton.
At the AGM, a Board election will be held to fill two positions of Board members whose terms conclude in February 2017. Members interested in Board candidacy should send an email to email@example.com
and request a nomination package which contains details of Board responsibilities and an application form.Member resolutions may also be proposed until January 31st
Key dates for Board candidates are:
- Sunday, January 22nd, 2017 – 7:00-8:00 pm at The Mustard Seed – Potential candidates Meet & Greet with nomination committee.
- Tuesday, January 31st, 2017 – deadline to submit completed Board nominations application & member resolutions.
- Thursday, February 23rd, 2017 – Mustard Seed Annual General Meeting.
The Mustard Seed Annual Report for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2016 will be sent to members in advance of the AGM.
Yours in Co-operation,
The Mustard Seed Board Nominations Committee
Our Co-op thrives on community ownership! As a owner, you own the store, and are entitled to an equitable vote in this democratically-run business. We aim to listen to and act on your feedback; source the local items you’re looking for; and offer benefits that encourage you to shop here, like our 2% co-op credit program.
If you are thinking about becoming an owner, now’s the perfect time! We are offering a special incentive: become an owner, and receive a FREE Local Bounty Box!
For the months of November only, if you become an owner, you will receive a voucher for a FREE Local Bounty Box. If you have never tried this wonderful offering before, the Local Bounty Box is a crate of local produce that we offer weekly. It is always filled with a colourful variety of fresh and local produce items, and is a fun and convenient way to experience the amazing produce the Hamilton region has to offer. Local Bounty Boxes are pre-ordered with a Monday deadline and picked up from the Co-op the following Wednesday or Friday.
Check out our Local Bounty Box page. This is where you can place your order and find out more about our Local Bounty box!
- Print out a membership form, fill it in, and then head over to the Co-op at 460 York Blvd in Hamilton (near Dundurn Castle). You can also pick up a form and fill it out at the store.
- Return the completed form to one of our cashiers, and pay your one-time membership fee of $100.
- Receive a voucher for a free small Local Bounty Box, to be redeemed before the end of August.
- When you’re ready to redeem it, order your bounty box online, and be sure to indicate that you’re planning to redeem your voucher.
- When you pick up the Bounty Box, go through the checkout, and instead of paying $19.99, simply hand in your voucher, and get it for free!
Whether you’ve been considering becoming an owner for a while now, or this concept is totally new to you, now is the perfect time to jump in! Maybe you’re already a owner, but you’ve heard a few friends express interest – please share this with them!
By becoming an owner of the Mustard Seed, you can effect change in our food system, own your own grocery store, and build your community all at once! If you have questions, please check out our FAQ page or feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Let’s work together to continue building Hamilton’s only community-owned grocery store!