Owners are at the heart of The Mustard Seed Co-op.
When you buy an ownership, you become a ‘member-owner’. As a member-owner, you have access to:
- 2% owner savings on all items
- Additional weekly sales items for owners only
- Access to owner bulk ordering privileges and discounts
- Discounts at co-op workshops & events
- Voting rights in Board of Director elections (one vote per owner-household)
- Opportunity to be involved in the leadership and structure of your store
A $100 share is your household’s one-time investment in the Co-op. Keep in mind that a typical household will recoup their ownership fee in less than two years through owner-only discounts.
You don’t have to be a owner to shop at the Co-op, but being a owner means that you enjoy all of the benefits above. Plus, you help to cultivate a stronger local and more sustainable food system.
Do you want to have a positive impact on your local economy, your community, your health, and your environment, AND get your grocery shopping done, all at the same time? Join hundreds of other households who have already come together to support local food in Hamilton.
Click below to become a owner of the Mustard Seed!
Still have questions? See Ownership FAQs.