The Mustard Seed Meal Box is a bi-weekly offering, with a new recipe and ingredients each time! The Mustard Seed Meal Box is a great option for meal prep or a family meal in a pinch. You simply pre-order anytime Thursday through Sunday (deadline at 9:00 pm) for pick-up the following Thursday through Sunday in the store. Mustard Seed Meal Boxes are filled with fresh produce and essentials for creating a delicious meal.
This week’s Mustard Seed Meal Box:
- 1 Local Organic Garlic Head
- 1 Organic Yellow Onion
- 1 Organic Parsley Bunch
- 1 Organic Lemon
- 2 Cans Whole Tomatoes (UNICO)
- 1 bag Rigatoni (UNICO)
- 1 cup cashews
This week’s recipe:
Vegan Baked Ziti
Recipe by: Simple Veganista
- 16 oz. pasta (ziti, penne or rigatoni)
- parsley, to serve
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or ¼ cup water
- 2 cans (28oz.) San Marzano whole tomatoes, with juices
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 – 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¾ teaspoon EACH dried thyme & oregano (sub with 1 ½ tsp Italian seasoning)
- salt + pepper, to taste
Cashew Ricotta Cheese
- 1 cup raw cashews
- ¾ cup water
- juice of 1 small lemon or 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar)
- ½ teaspoon mineral salt
- ¼ teaspoon EACH garlic & onion powder
Cashew Ricotta: Soak the cashews in warm water for 5 – 10 minutes, drain. In a blender cup, place the cashews, water, lemon juice, garlic & onion powder and salt, blend until creamy smooth. Set aside.
Pasta: Cook the pasta according to package directions.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Tomato Sauce: In a medium pot, heat the oil/water over medium heat and saute the onion for 5 minutes, add garlic and cook 1 minute more. Add the tomatoes, thyme, oregano, salt and pepper, continue cooking over medium heat for 7 – 10 minutes, breaking up the tomatoes as you cook. Taste for flavor.
Assemble: In a casserole or medium-large baking dish, combine the sauce and pasta together, mixing well to incorporate the bits of tomato throughout. Top with vegan ricotta and cover.
Bake: Place on the center rake and bake for 30 minutes, removing the cover after 20 minutes. Let cool a few minutes, top with chopped parsley or basil.
- We do not email you to confirm orders, your PayPal confirmation is just perfect!
- Please come to the store (Thursday-Sunday) and text our co+op cell phone at (905)-961-2659 when you have parked in our parking with the name the order was placed under in the text lot. We will put your Mustard Seed Meal Box on our curbside table.
- REFUND POLICY: The Mustard Seed Meal Box program uses a one week pre-order system which means you have a week to arrange pick-up for your Mustard Seed Meal Box order. The pick-up window is 4 days (Thursday through Sunday), therefore refunds will NOT be given after the last day of your order pick-up window (Sunday).
Thursday, January 7th through Sunday, January 10th (deadline at 9:00pm)
Thursday, January 14th through Sunday, January 17th
HOW TO PRE-ORDER
Please note: You need to pre-order your Mustard Seed Meal Box one week in advance. The order window is Thursday through to Sunday (you have until 9:00 pm). Pick-up will be the following Thursday through Sunday.
- The Mustard Seed Meal Box – $19.99: Order a Mustard Seed Meal Box
If you’ve got any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Share the love! If you’re on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter, feel free to use the hashtag #MustardSeedMealBox to show us how your meal turned out!